In Dynasty Origins: Conquest, you will set up to 8 heroes on a 16-tile board. Each hero has different roles for you to mix and match in quests and PVP. The mage is also very important for your formation to perform well. Let us take a look at how the various mages in the game fit in different modes.
Mage: Mr. Shuijing
As your starting mage, Mr. Shuijing is suitable for progressing through quests with Shu heroes or other early-game heroes. He is an offensive mage that increases allies' ATK and inflicts debuffs like Stun, DEF reduction and Burn on the enemy, increasing your team's damage output.
1. Mr. Shuijing's ultimate skill, Phoenix Fire, deals damage to enemies in a large area and inflicts Burn. It combines with his skill 3, Rolling Wind, to spread Burn over an even larger area. This allows you to replace Zhang Xingcai and Huang Wudie in the back row with Gan Ning and Sun Shangxiang, making use of Slowing Shot, while replacing Zhao Yun with Sun Jian can allow you to deal even more damage.
2. Meng Huo and Huang Gai can be replaced with Dian Wei and Cao Ren to trigger Shield, increasing defensive ability. If you have Zhou Tai, you can also keep Huang Gai for his defensive and healing ability.
3. Ma Yunlu can be replaced with Ma Chao to increase breakthrough ability.
Mage: Zhou Yu
Zhou Yu's key abilities are Slowing Shot, Captain of Archers and Burning Shot. His ultimate skill Flaming Feather is also a powerful buff for archers (especially for Wu), and is a great mage for the early game.
1. Replace Dian Wei with Zhou Tai in the front row. The more Wu heroes are deployed, the more healing Zhou Tai receives. If all heroes are Wu, Zhou Tai can heal very quickly when his HP is low.
2. Huang Gai can be replaced with Cao Ren in the front row, triggering Shield with Dian Wei. Replace Sun Shangxiang with Da Qiao in the back row to increase overall survivability.
Mage: Zhang Bao
The key mage for the Yellow Turbans, Zhang Bao has good crowd control and stun ability. He can summon Yellow Turbans to distract the enemy in battle.
1. Zhang Bao fits best with a Yellow Turban lineup. You can replace Zhao Yun with Liao Hua and Huang Zhong with Zhurong, though this is only suitable for the early game.
2> Meng Huo can be replaced with Dian Wei or Huang Gai, while Zhang Xingcai or Huang Wudie can be replaced with Gan Ning in the back row, increasing damage.
3. Zhao Yun can be replaced with Cao Chong. In addition to control abilities, Cao Chong also triggers Wild Beast with Meng Huo, attacking together with Yellow Turban summons.
Mage: Xun Yu
Xun Yu is a support mage that focuses on healing.
1. Lineups with Xun Yu tend to have high survivability, making them useful for Arena defense. For a low-end lineup, replace Zhou Tai with Yue Jin and Cao Ren with Yuan Shu, though this reduces defensive ability.
2. Xu Chu and Da Qiao can be replaced with Zhang He and Yu Jin, and Zhou Tai with Yue Jin. This way, the front row can still trigger Shield, while Yue Jin, Zhang He and Yu Jin's Great Strategists combo increases damage output.
3. Liu Bei can be replaced with Xu Huang and Xu Chu with Zhang Liao to increase breakthrough ability.
Mage Diao Chan
Diao Chan is one of the few female mages available. She copies the hero with highest STR and causes it to attack the enemy hero 10 times. If the copied hero has high STR (like a fully ascended Lu Bu), it can wipe out the enemy back row in an instant.
1. Replace Yuan Shao with Taishi Ci or Gan Ning to provide fire support for Brutality Heavy Cavalry in front.
2. Replace Zhou Tai with Dian Wei, triggering Shield with Cao Ren to increase front row survivability. They will absorb some damage for the Heavy Cavalry while buying time for damage dealers.
We hope you enjoyed the introduction to heroes and their recommended formations.